What is Cluster?
A group of independent similar computers or similar servers that are interconnected, act as one server to end-users and applications, and whose combined resources processing a task is called a Cluster.
In the case of failure of one of the servers, the other surviving server can take up the work of the failed server.
Characteristics of a Cluster
- The Cluster uses a dedicated network (cluster interconnect or private network).
- The Cluster shares the same set of disks (shared disk storage).
- Clusters can be implemented in many configurations.
- Cluster increase availability, performance, and scalability.
- Oracle Cluster’s all nodes share the same processor architecture and run the same operating system.
- In the Cluster, they use the ”heartbeat” mechanism. They check one another’s heartbeats at regular intervals.
Oracle supports a shared disk cluster architecture. It provides load-balancing and failover capabilities.
With Best Wishes!!!!
Oracle Database Consultant
Certified in-: | 6X OCI|OCS (ADB)|OCS (GG)|OCE (RAC)|OCP (11g,10g,9i) |OCA (9i) |
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/OracleRide