Oracle Golden Gate
What is Oracle Golden Gate ?
Oracle Golden Gate is a software product that allows you to replicate, filter, and transform data from one database to another database.
What You Can do By using Oracle Golden Gate ?
- Using Oracle Golden Gate, you can move committed transactions across multiple heterogeneous systems in your enterprise.
- It enables you to replicate data between Oracle databases to other supported heterogeneous database, and between heterogeneous databases.
- You can replicate to Java Messaging Queues, Flat Files, and to Big Data targets in combination with Oracle Golden Gate for Big Data.
Oracle Golden Gate Purposes
- A static extraction of data records from one database and the loading of those records to another database.
- Continuous extraction and replication of transactional Data Manipulation Language (DML) operations and data definition language (DDL) changes (for supported databases) to keep source and target data consistent.
- Extraction from a database and replication to a file outside the database.
Oracle Golden Gate Key Features
- Data movement is in real-time, reducing latency.
- Only committed transactions are moved, enabling consistency and improving performance.
- Different versions and releases of Oracle Database are supported along with a wide range of heterogeneous databases running on a variety of operating systems.
- You can replicate data from an Oracle Database to a different heterogeneous database.
- Simple architecture and easy configuration.
- High performance with minimal overhead on the underlying databases and infrastructure.
Golden Gate supports Heterogeneous Environments
- Different platforms (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Different databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, etc.)
- Different database versions
Oracle Golden Gate Components
- Data pump
- Trails or extract files
Oracle Golden Gate Logical Architecture
When Do You Use Oracle Golden Gate?
The most common use cases are
- Business continuity and high availability
- Initial load and database migration and upgrades with zero downtime
- Data integration
- Decision support and data warehousing.
How Do You Use Oracle Golden Gate?
There are many different architectures that can be configured; which range from a simple uni-directional architecture to the more complex peer-to-peer.
No matter the architecture, Oracle Golden Gate provides similarities between them, making administration easier.
Oracle Golden Gate Supported Topologies
I Hope this post will give you much information.
Your comments are always welcome.
With Best Wishes !!!!
OCE (11gR2 RAC)
OracleRide Team !!!!
Reference-: Oracle Doc